Is geometry your jam? Are you enamored with English? We're looking for experienced K-8 teachers who want to support individual students & their families as Bansho Learning Partners. Learning Partners work directly with parents and their children to understand their learning needs and pinpoint educational goals.
- Manage between 5-25 students and their parents
- Work with parents and students to identify specific gaps in learning and areas for long-term improvement
- Provide live, online learning support to families for homework help or other needs
- Be available via text to answer questions as needed
- Create weekly learning plans (with a combination of synchronous and asynchronous instruction) based on each student’s unique learning goals, interests, and schedule
- Provide supplemental resources and support for parents
- Create original learning content on an as-needed basis
- Teaching certification preferred
- Have prior teaching experience, with experience in a virtual setting
- Have a solid understanding of whole-child education, social-emotional learning, and family engagement strategies
- Be able to quickly develop rapport with kids and parents, and approach educational problem-solving and planning with empathy and creativity
- Be able to present a clean, professional virtual setting on a computer with a reliable internet connection, webcam, and microphone
About Bansho Learning Partners:
- This is a part-time contract position, so you will have the flexibility to decide how many students & families you would like to work with based on demand.
- We are a fully remote company. You will be required to supply your own computer, cell phone, and internet.
- Because we are working directly with school-aged children, you will need to be available primarily during after-school times & weekends.